Vario ND2-400 Neutral-Density Filter, coated, 55.0 mm
More product information
- Variable filter for specific reduction of the amount of light
- Suitable for lenses/zoom lenses with a filter thread
- For digital/analogue photo, system and video cameras
- Is also a UV filter
- Rotary mount for individual adjustment
- Possibility to lengthen the exposure time between +1 and +8 (ND2-400) aperture stops
- Coating: one layer on each side
- Quality standard (glass): high-quality lens glass
Impact on the pictures:
- Allows large apertures e.g. when shooting portraits when it is extremely bright: due to a blurred background the photographed person is clearly visible in the foreground
- Due to long exposure times flowing water gets "soft"
- Creates an impressionistic flair in poor light conditions
What's in the Box
- 1 Vario neutral-density filter
- 1 filter box
|Filter Thread||55 mm|
|Filter Type||Variable Grey Tone|
|Grey Tone||2x - 400x|
|Mount Thickness||7 mm|
|Type of Glass||High-Grade Lens Glass|
The Variable ND Filter 55 mm from Hama is a must have for avid photographers
Although primarily developed to reduce light when it is too bright, this is not the only feature of this fantastic filter from Hama. As well as having the ability to control the light going into the picture by lengthening the exposure time between +1 and +8 aperture stops, it also allows the photographer to use large apertures while taking pictures outside backround gets hazy. This will create an overall clearer, sharper image, with a higher quality more professional appearance. Furthermore, by covering the lens it gives added protection against grime, dust, fingerprints and scratches that can cause the quality of images to otherwise significantly deteriorate. The protection of your camera lens can also help to increase the resale price of your camera when the time comes for an upgrade, because your lens is still in mint condition.
The Variable ND Filter 55 mm has rotatable front lens so you really can get that perfect precision picture everytime and in case of exposure times longer than 1/30 seconds, water ""flows"" (if they are shorter, it freezes to ice).
At such good value for money and with such a huge improvement in image quality, whether you are an amateur or a professional, you will wonder what you ever did without it. Protect your lens with Hama today!
Note for Consumers: To avoid vignetting, this filter has a superstructure of the front lens, i.e. the diameter of the front lens is larger than that of the rear lens. Please note that a lens cap with 58 mm is thus required.
Note for Consumers
To avoid vignetting, this filter has a superstructure of the front lens, i.e. the diameter of the front lens is larger than that of the rear lens. Please note that a lens cap with 58 mm is thus required.
Packaging: test seal & eco label
QC passed by Hama Germany
In-house test and quality seal
2 Years Guarantee, 6 Month Warranty